Pages

ONLINE CARD CLASSES CLEAN AND SIMPLE DAY 4

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Today's class was chocked full of ideas that I wanted to try.  Wow Ladies, you out did yourselves.  The first technique was the double embossing paste that Jocelyn Olson demonstrated.  Rather than watercolors, I first mixed my embossing paste with a few drops of Worn Lipstick re-inker and applied it over Simon Says Tiny Dots stencil over a pale pink cardstock from my stash.  After that was dry, I used translucent embossing paste over Crafter's Workshop mini climbing vine stencil just at the bottom.  Of course  I had no plan when I started this but was thinking of some kind of baby card.   I realized when all the embossing was dry that I wanted to add a colored image to the card and chose Penny Black Bundle of Joy since it was a framed image.  I did a quick, simple coloring using Copics and Wink of Stella clear on the pink flowers.  I then tried two additional techniques.  I covered a piece of the same card stock with the same mix of embossing paste and distress ink, let it dry and then ran it through my Big Shot with Serendipity Baby die.  This didn't work at all, even though it was dry, it stuck and pulled away from the embossing paste.  So I cut it again and then applied the embossing paste.  Also not easy on such a small piece.  But it worked.
The image and the die are applied with dimensional tape.




Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This

1 comment