Pages

30 D AY COLORING CHALLENGE DAY 3: WHEN THINGS GO WRONG...

Friday, March 3, 2017

I just love this stamp from Mama Elephant and was excited to finally have a chance to color it.  I stamped it on bristol board to use with the zig clean color brushes and also on Hammermill 100lb digital cover sheet (Amazon) for coloring with Copics.

The first photo is of the image stamped on the bristol and started with the zigs.  To get the ombre effect on the letters I applied the paint to the bottom of the letters and then pulled the color up with a water brush. Pretty much the same technique for the flowers and leaves, although the leaves have 2-3 colors.  I used wink of stella on the Hello.
 When I finished all the coloring I thought the images might look really vibrant against a black background and I really, really didn't want to fussy cut it.  So I took a black marker and colored all around the image but the strokes were visible and it wasn't a really dense black so I covered it with the Spectrum Noir Sparkle Black pen, which you can see below.  Hmmm

 It seems like a hot mess to me and I wish I had just cut it out.  On the picture below, you can see the image stamped on the Hammermill paper with Wplus9's Fairy Dust Ink pad for some no line Copic Coloring.  Hoping to finish that in a few days.

Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This

No comments:

Post a Comment